How to Get a Job in the Marketing Industry
In a world without marketing, companies would struggle to find customers, and customers would miss out on the products that would best serve them. Make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to have an awesome career in the marketing and advertising industry! The strongest candidates in the field have great attention to detail and are amazing communicators. Download JobFlare today and prove to employers that you’ve got the skills it takes to succeed!
Marketing Industry Statistics
- The marketing and advertising industry is expected to grow 8.4% by 2026.
- On average, most companies spend about 10% of their revenue on marketing.
- The US has the largest advertising marketing spend in the world, spending over $197 billion to market to Americans in 2017.
- Content marketing will generate $300 billion in revenue by 2019.
Top Trends for the Marketing Industry
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Big Data for Consumer Insight
- Mobile Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Activities
How to Break into the Marketing Industry
1) Market Yourself – Marketing yourself is all about showing potential employers that you’re the best fit for the job. Curate your social media feed, craft your elevator speech and create your personal brand! Job fit depends on what you can do and who you are.
3) Reach Out – Nearly every business has a marketing team, regardless of size (even if it’s just a couple of social media accounts to manage!). If you’ve got your eye on a couple of companies that you think you’d like to work at, check out LinkedIn and search for people who work in their marketing departments. Once you’ve found them, send them a message and see if they have any advice for you on getting in. Networking is vital – some studies say that at least 85% of people find jobs through people they know!
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Coordinator
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Glendale, AZ
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL