How to Get a Job in the Technology Industry
Job security? Check. Meaningful work? Check. Awesome compensation? Check. If you’re looking for a job field with all of these features and more, get on the Technology Train! The tech industry is booming and it’s reshaping the fabric of our lives, so get your career on board with the future. The strongest candidates in the field have great attention to detail and strong critical thinking abilities. Download JobFlare today and prove to employers that you’ve got the skills it takes to succeed!
Technology Industry Statistics
- The tech industry is projected to grow 13% by 2026
- As of April 2017, there were more than 3 million working in tech – 5.77% of all American workers!
- There are currently more than 500,000 job openings in the tech industries.
Top Trends for the Technology Industry
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Increased Cybersecurity
- The Internet of Things
How to Break into the Technology Industry
1) Nerd Out – Learn all you can about current tech trends, along with a programming language or two. Most tech companies have a fast-paced work environment, so it’s important that you have a solid knowledge base to build upon.
2) Polish Your Skills Every Day – Take part in an Open Source project where you can collaborate with others. It’s a great way to get hands-on experience, figure out what you enjoy doing, and make connections with other professionals.
3) Network Like Crazy – Like every industry, it helps to know someone on the inside. Reach out to your personal network and see who is involved in tech – there may be more than you’d think! More than 80% of people get hired because of a personal connection.
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Austin, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY